Friday, February 10, 2012

Oak Barrel Stout, Old Dominion Brewing


Hands down the best beer of the first shipment, this stout delivers on every aspect I can think of.  I even caught myself almost drinking all of them in one sitting but thankfully cooler heads prevailed and I still have one left to enjoy (not anymore...). Extremely dark in color with a hint of deep brown this stout is both rich and smooth and has an amazing smokey finish to it that really defines the beer. Brewed with 7 different malts and 2 hopes that are dry hopped with vanilla beans and toasted oak. Absolutely amazing beer and if it were available to me here in Chicago I would go out and buy many, many more.



Checkout the other Old Dominion lineup as well as see what pairs best with these brews




ABV: 6.1%
Rating: a well deserved 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment